Amazing Cattle Facts
• The average cow has more than 40,000 jaw movements per day.
• On average, a dairy cow produces 90 glasses of milk daily, depending on
genetics, feeding practices, and weather.
• There are more than 2,000 known varieties of cheese in the world.
• Approximately 300-500 pounds of blood must circulate through the udder
to produce only one pound of milk.
• The cow's udder weighs approximately 25 to 80 pounds without milk.
It can hold more than 100 pounds of milk.
• Milk is the only source of lactose found in nature.
• Fluid milk contains an average of only 3% cholesterol.
• The first cows arrived at the Jamestown Colony in Virginia in 1611.
• The first plastic milk jug was commercially introduced 51 years ago (1964).
• The current production record for 1 cow in 1 year is 70,000 pounds of milk.